The abstract reasoning test is one of the most widely used psychological evaluations around the world. It is offered at many recruitment centers for positions in the army, banking, government, administration and many more.
The purpose of the abstract reasoning test is to gauge your mental agility, acuity, level of understanding, and deductive ability.
The test uses diagrams, sequences, images, color games, and figures with different shapes and sizes to gauge your quick thinking skills and creativity.
Go one step further with our course and stand out from the crowd. At Psychometriq we have incorporated specific strategies in our assessments to help you improve your performance on the abstract reasoning test.
Moreover, it provides a clear perspective of your ability to handle problems with visual information. Thus, it can determine your level of perception, study and understanding in an impartial environment.
It is one of the preferred evaluations due to its high level of reliability. An applicant with a high score on an abstract reasoning test has a better chance of adapting better to their work environment.
This test is characterized by its objectivity. Due to its visual design, it can be taken by applicants of any age. It is also one of the fundamental assessments on the IQ test.
It is also known as one of the most difficult psychometric tests. That’s why it is extremely useful to practice these problems beforehand.
Why you should make use of our free online abstract reasoning tests
Here are some aspects you need to consider about the test:
– The abstract reasoning test proves to be very difficult for applicants because of their confusing and complex systems. The objective of the recruiters is to select only the very best, so you must be able to work on these problems without hesitation.
– Taking the test without prior practice is a fairly common mistake. Very few participants manage to pass the test without having studied previously.
– Those who have a good background on the abstract reasoning test and the needed strategies are much more likely to do well and be accepted.
– You will be able to use our test to study and understand the systems and diagrams which usually show up on the assessment.
– This preparation will give you a giant leg up over the students who aren’t taking the time to study and prepare, giving you a better opportunity for success.
Download our abstract reasoning test
While working on our online abstract reasoning practice tests you can also download them as a PDF file and take the tests like you would on exam day.
Not convinced about our tests? Here are some other points you can take into consideration:
– You will be able to spend time figuring our every aspect of this assessment by using a helpful answer key.
– You will also be able to put into practice our tips and suggestions which will help you ace aptitude tests in the future.
-The abstract reasoning test will be available wherever you are. Hence, you can clarify all your doubts immediately, even without an internet connection.
– After downloading it, you can review it from the subway, the office, or wherever you are.
Complementing our online resources with our PDF tests is an almost certain victory. However, you should not forget that you must practice with focus and discipline to improve your skills.
Go one step further with our course and stand out from the crowd. At Psychometriq we have created specific tests to help you improve in the performance of aptitude tests. Access unique and 100% original abstract reasoning tests.
Questions on the abstract reasoning test
At this point, you surely desire to know how the questions of the abstract reasoning test are posed. In the same way, you will be interested in knowing how their dynamics work, what their problems consist of and how to handle them.
Keep in mind that evaluations vary depending on the agency. Nevertheless, they are all governed by the same principles and work in similar ways.
In this section, we teach you about the standard practices and styles in an abstract reasoning test so you can start practicing. See the identified pattern below:
– Sequences: This section consists of discovering the continuity of a pattern using information from the figure such as geometric shapes, colors, and contours.
– Missing pieces: This pattern is directly related to the previous one. This type of problem asks you to continue an interrupted sequence by deducing which piece fills in the blank.
– Similarities: Shapes and figures are proposed without any apparent relationships. The similarities are sometimes hard to find since they can be direction of orientation, the number of sides, the number vertexes, as well as many others.
– Differences: As the name implies, this tests the opposite quality of the previous section. It poses images with minute details that require a lot of attention as well as hardly differentiable shapes and figures.
– Directions: This part of the test is often times very confusing for first time test takers. It uses clues and pictures to indicate certain movements. In the end, you must determine the direction and final position of the figures and objects.
– Codes: These use the same principles as cryptograms, where you will have to decode complete patterns and diagrams.
Abstract reasoning tests with answers and explanations
Now that you know what you are going to face, you need to learn how to get ready. One of the best ways to understand and do well on the abstract reasoning test is through our practice tests – which include both answers and explanations.
Here’s some tips that will help you as you’re taking your test:
-To solve sequences, you can start from the end of the sequence and move towards the beginning. Also, it’s important that you evaluate the operation of each piece and its transformation into the next.
-The missing pieces’ problems are similar to puzzle pieces. Often, you only need the previous piece and the following piece to determine which one fits best.
-The similarities problems do not always consist of congruent shapes. Most of the time they only repeat a number of features such as diagonal lines or figures, shadows, curves, and colors, etc.
-The differences problems may require much more analysis. Explore the options with great care and consider all of the above factors.
-Usually, this section uses puzzles. Interpret it as a quick game rather than a problem and the solution will reveal itself.
-The biggest problem with the codes section is that sometimes it is very difficult to find the relationships between elements. Use logic, and always try to be creative if at first it seems like nothing is working.
Go one step further with our course and stand out from the crowd. In Psychometriq we have created specific tests to help you improve your performance on the abstract reasoning test.
How to do well on the abstract reasoning test
Remember: Constant practice will make you an expert in solving the abstract reasoning test. Consequently, having our online practices and our PDF examples to work through will be a great resource.
Do not forget to persevere and be disciplined in your studies. You need a lot of dedication and focus to do well on the abstract reasoning test.
Also, try to do some outside research on the specific assessment itself. The difficulty of the tests depends on the agencies that are assigning them. Psychometric tests for pilots are much more difficult than those for office workers.
Tips for the abstract reasoning test
To conclude, we have some tips that will be very helpful in the aptitude test center:
– Take time working on the practice assessments so you boost your familiarity with the type of questions and can work faster.
– Time yourself on each response so you can get a good feel of the required time management for your assessment.
– Practice as much as possible, and trust in your training. Any last minute cramming and anxiety won’t do you any good so make sure to try to relax and get a good night’s rest the night before.
– Manage the pressure. These assessments are usually very stressful but if you push your anxiety aside and stay calm and collected you will have a better chance of figuring it out.
– Ignore or skip the question if you cannot find a solution with your first few attempts. It is perfectly normal to not be able to figure out all the problems, skip them and carry on and if you have time go back for a second look.
-Take it easy and have fun.
We wish you all the best with your exams and hope to hear from you soon!